As described in the “What We Do” section, ESIC provides a range of products and services to its corporate, government, non-governmental, and institutional clients. Samples or case studies on some of this work are provided below:
Strategic and Competitiveness Assessment
ESIC undertakes major studies and assessments on behalf of sovereign clients which help form the basis for rejuvenated national, provincial, or city competitiveness strategies.
- SAMPLE: ESIC conducted a major commissioned competitiveness study for the government of Israel. Click here to access the complete report.
Research and Analysis
ESIC provides research and analysis on a range of economic and strategic issues.
- SAMPLE: ESIC produced an extended research study for the US-China Economic and Security Review Commission which analyzed the evolving role of China in international institutions. Click here to access the complete report.
Commercial and Business Services
ESIC provide a range of bespoke services to assist companies in assessing and successfully entering foreign markets.
- CASE STUDY: An African technology company was interested in developing business contacts in Beijing and Seoul, and surveying and assessing market opportunities in China and Korea. ESIC organized a bespoke business mission for the company’s senior executives, and put together an intensive 7 day program of meetings in both cities with pre-screened technology companies, and government and trade and investment promotion officials. Meetings were also scheduled with analysts in both countries to provide a more independent viewpoint. The slate of meetings were supplemented by briefings and lectures on the practical realities of doing business in both countries, and advice on following up on the business leads generated.
Government and Institutional Affairs
ESIC provides a number of services to help clients successfully manage the variety of ways their interests and activities are impacted by governmental entities or international institutions. ESIC also assists governments and institutions execute their missions and objectives, especially as they relate to engagement with the private sector.
- CASE STUDY: A Middle Eastern client needed to understand the dynamics behind the decision-making process on a potential high-level US-government visit to the Middle East. ESIC was able to identify the key officials involved in the process, as well as the factors most likely to impact their decision making.
Conferences and Seminars
ESIC provides a variety of services to help it partners organize, develop and execute world-class CEO-level conferences and seminars.
- CASE STUDY: The APEC CEO Summit is generally considered to be the most important annual business conference in the Asia Pacific region. This event was convened in Los Cabos, Mexico in 2002. ESIC played a leadership role in the organization and management of the event, including development of the substantive agenda and intellectual content, recruitment of high-level government and private sector speakers, and sponsorship and corporate partnership development and recruitment. The Los Cabos CEO Summit was considered to be one of the most successful to date.