- Experienced group executive at IBM, Xerox in US and at Hyosung in Korea.
- Multi-functional, multi-national experience in the US, Latin America and East Asia
2012-Date ECONOMIC STRATEGY INSTITUTE Washington DC, USA
KOREA ASSOCIATES BUSINESS CONSULTANCY Seoul, Korea
Provide strategic analysis and consulting services to multinational companies and institutions.
2012-2012 CAMOPLAST KOREA Ltd. Daejeon, Korea
Assumed chairmanship of the Korean subsidiary of Camoplast Solideal, a Canadian Company
1997-2011 HYOSUNG CORPORATION ($10 billion diversified conglomerate) Seoul, Korea
2000-2011 ADVISOR TO CHAIRMAN
Assisted the Chairman in corporate management and provided geo-political and economic analysis for duties as Chairman, the Federation of Korean Industries, the Korea-US Business Council and the Korea-Japan Business Council.
1998-2000 PRESIDENT, INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION GROUP
Managed as Group Executive; Hyosung Data Systems Ltd., Hyosung Information Systems Co. Ltd., Computer Unit of Hyosung Corp., Hyosung Information & Communication Co. Ltd., and Hyosung Capital Co. Ltd.
- Of the four units that were operating in deficit in 1998, three were turned around, one was dissolved.
- All units significantly exceeded 1999 plan targets and prior year actuals.
- I & C Group exceeded 1999 net profit plan by 100%, out-performing all other groups of Hyosung.
1997-1998 EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND CHIEF STAFF OFFICER
Executed corporate restructuring and implemented effective management control
- Executed corporate restructuring through organization realignment, eliminating unprofitable operations
- Directed divestiture of four operating units to U.S. and European companies.
1993-1997 LARAMI Limited (Toy manufacturer with dominant market share in summer water toys) Mt. Laurel, NJ
VICE PRESIDENT, CORPORATE PLANNING AND INTERNATIONAL SALES
Managed its corporate planning and international sales. After the acquisition by Hasbro, 1995 managed the cash asset received.
1990-1992 CHARTER OAK OFFICE PRODUCTS (office supplies distribution) East Hartford, CT
Purchased office products distribution business with $3.5 million in sales, 20 employees.
Turned-around during a severe economic down turn with 40% revenue growth, and then sold.
1973-1990 XEROX CORPORATION Stamford, CT
1985-1990 DIRECTOR, CORPORATE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Developed Xerox's global restructuring strategy
1984-1985 PRINCIPAL, Xerox Financial Services
- Developed Xerox Financial Services' Strategy and acquisition program
1982-1984 VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS SOUTH, Xerox Latin American Group
Managed ten local operating companies in South America, many of them joint ventures with local partners, with P&L responsibility for $460 million in revenue, $65 million in profit.
- Increased revenue, profit and profitability in each operating company, with increased market shares
- Increased productivity and reduced manpower by 12% in 1982-84
1981-1982 VICE PRESIDENT, BRAZIL OPERATIONS, Xerox Latin American Group (XLG)
Managed Xerox do Brazil, SA (manufacturing and marketing) and Metalquemica, SA (supplies mfg).
- Produced record profit in an austerity economy and expanded market share reversing the trend.
1980-1981 VICE PRESIDENT, PLANNING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE AND DISTRIBUTION, XLG
Additional responsibilities for planning, marketing and product launch in addition to previous position.
- Developed and implemented an integrated region-wide manufacturing and marketing strategy
1978-1980 VICE PRESIDENT, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE AND DISTRIBUTION, XLG
Assumed added responsibilities for manufacturing staff in addition to the previous duties
- Produced copiers in Mexico and Brazil, with local content required for LAFTA (Latin American Free Trade Association) certification with quality measurements surpassing the US operations.
1978 DIRECTOR, SERVICE, DISTRIBUTION AND FACILITIES, XLG
Added responsibilities of managing Group Service Operation's staffs in addition to distribution duties.
- Implemented a comprehensive service upgrade master program consisting of 24 interrelated modules
1975-1977 DIRECTOR, DISTRIBUTION, XLG
Operated International Distribution Center and managed material distribution operations into affiliate units.
Supervised the affiliate companies distribution operations as Group Staff Director
1973-1976 MANAGER PRICING ANALYSIS AND CONTROL, Information Systems Group
Implemented pricing policies and structures for all Xerox copiers and duplicators for its US operations.
- Established discipline of analytical demand forecasting as the basis of pricing structure
- Established analytical framework to settle the FTC anti-trust action against Xerox
1961-1973 IBM CORPORATION Armonk, NY
1972-1973 NEW BUSINESS PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR, Service Bureau Corporation (IBM subsidiary)
Developed new business proposals.
1971-1972 ADMINISTRATOR, LONG RANGE PLAN, Service Bureau Corporation
1969-1970 FINANCE MANAGER, WESTERN REGION, Service Bureau Corporation
1965-1968 ECONOMIST, Advanced Planning Evaluation System, IBM Data Systems Group
1961-1965 Programmer, systems analyst and project manager; IBM Data Systems Division
EDUCATION: Graduate Faculties, Columbia Univ. 1958-61: Completed residence requirements for Ph.D. in Economics,
Columbia College, Columbia University, 1954-1958, A.B.
Matriculated in the Dept. of Political Science, Liberal Arts College, Seoul National University, April 1954.
LANGUAGES: Fully tri-lingual in English, Japanese, and Korean
CITIZENSHIP: U.S A.
Varying capabilities: Chinese, French, and Spanish
OTHER: Member: Korea-U.S. Business Council; Seoul Financial Forum; National Strategy Institute; Institute for Global Economics
Lectured on; Economics, International trades, and Management at various universities & conferences.
214-33 Shinyong Dong Ellim Villa 301, Chongro Ku
Home phone: 82-2 3217-5467